Wednesday, December 06, 2006

TurkeyMania!!!!


Ok...tried real hard to lie low here and study for the exams..but this just becomes an addiction!!! 4 days to go and counting....I had the opportunity to invigilate/supervise the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants examination currently being held in St Hugh's for a couple of days... Interesting to see that the invigilators do have to do a lot of work other than walking around trying to make students taking exams feel ill at ease:-))..This is mostly paperwork that needs to be done apart from ,of course, supervising the candidates ensuring a smooth examination...Funnily enough, it also involves having to check the toilets for "damnable" material!!!!

Sunday, we had the opportunity to have a turkey dinner, (thanks to Hiro for these outstanding whims that strike him from time to time) and so we went at it hammer and tongs. Me , Saheel and Hiro shopped on Saturday for the party essentials , including an 8 Kg frozen turkey that was just one massive ball of ice!!! ..Must mention here that Hiro carried the turkey in a backpack and was so bitter about how his butt was in danger of frostbite!!!!The St Hugh's MBA folks chipped in with lotsa other eatables and Brian Brooks ultimately got the honour of carving the turkey after I sorta messed it up (he kept looking for its breast!!! And I can assure you most of the comments that gave rise to are unprintable!!!)!!! Attached are a few photos....We broke up around 1:30 that morning, not before Brian had finished 2 bottles of wine!!!

The cramfest has now begun and there are now little to no MBAs about on the streets of Oxford!!! On the bright side , however, St Hugh's does look cool at 3:00AM in the morning!!!

Perspective, what???

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Madhu,

Saw your profile in bloggerspot. Wish things are pacing up good for you.

I am a new admit for MBA 2007-08 batch. May be , one thing in common with you is the fact that I am an X-infoscion too, but long ago though( in 1999). I am presently in Chicago working with Motorola for the last 6-7 years after completing my MS in NJ.

I see that you have a family and lil one too. After taking a look at the batch, many seem to be single and I dont find too many with kids too...I have a one year old and I am planning to take them with me when I head down to Oxford. Since you have gone through this before, I was wondering whether you have a word of advice for me. Which accomodation should I look for? Will it be too tough to take them along with... Any word of advice for me?

Please drop me your phone number if you dont mind talking over the phone.. And I will give you a shout whenever you have some time.

Thanks
-Joby

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home